Responsibilities of receiving OSAP loans
Upon receiving any OSAP loan aid, you assume the following responsibilities:
- Agree to use this loan aid first to pay your academic fees to York University, then to cover other educational and living expenses related to your studies.
- To promptly notify York University Student Financial Services if you:
- reduce your course load
- change your program of study
- fail to progress academically
- withdraw from your studies
- experience a change in marital status
- experience a change in your personal or familial financial situation
How do I pay my tuition?
Tuition fees for full-year courses are charged over two terms: fifty percent (50%) of full-year course fees are due in September, and the remaining fifty percent (50%) are due in January.
Our Student Account Online Statement reflects all charges assessed to your account. You can pay your student account through your bank, credit union or caisse populaire using telephone or online banking. OSAP will automatically direct funds to York University.
How can part-time students pick-up OSAP?
Once you have applied online, you can return to your OSAP application on the OSAP website to do the following:
- Regularly check the status of your application.
- Check for any outstanding necessary documentation or instructions on what needs to be done next.
- Update your mailing address to make sure you receive all correspondence promptly.
- Check on the amount of loans and/or grants that have been issued for your current year (and for past years if you are a returning student).
Connect with the Division of Students