Student Accessbility Services (SAS)

Registration with SAS

  • New students who have their disability related documentation can register with our services by filling out our online form here:

  • Your disability related documentation should be uploaded to your online registration form.

  • Information about documentation requirements for registration is available from our Registration Documentation page.

Each student registered with SAS is assigned their own Accessibility Counsellor. This counsellor remains the student's key contact while they complete their studies at York. Counsellors work with the student to help them navigate the academic and administrative landscape.

Returning Registered Students with SAS

At the start of the academic term, students already initially registered with SAS who would like to discuss changes to their academic accommodations should call our office to schedule an appointment with their Accessibility Counsellor. Contact information is available from our Contact Us page.

Returning Keele campus students who DO NOT need to discuss changes to their accommodations, should visit our Request for Letter of Accommodation page to complete an online request. Requested Letters of Accommodation will be sent to student via email.

Investigating an Undiagnosed LD/ADHD/ASD

SAS offers screenings to York students who are experiencing academic difficulties and who suspect these difficulties are due to an undiagnosed LD/ADHD/ASD. These screenings are designed to help determine if a student should be referred to a psychologist or a psychiatrist in the greater Toronto area for an assessment.

To learn more about the screening process, visit our Investigating an Undiagnosed LD/ADHD/ASD page.

If you have any urgent questions that are not answered on our website, please do not hesitate to contact our receptionist at (416) 736-5383 who will direct you to the appropriate person.

Please note that students enrolled at Glendon College need to contact Counselling & Disability Services, Glendon Site at (416) 487-6709.