What is the MSFAA?
The Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA) is a legal agreement between you and the federal and Ontario governments. It outlines your responsibilities and the terms and conditions of accepting and repaying student loans. This loan agreement is an important document so make sure you keep a copy of it for future reference. It remains valid during your full-time post-secondary studies, unless there is a break of two years or more in your studies. If so, the MSFAA will be listed as a required document in your OSAP application.
How to Submit Your Online MSFAA for OSAP
OSAP applicants can complete and submit their MSFAA online.
- Reduced processing time
- Greater visibility to status of application
- Completed online
- Date of birth
- Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- MSFAA number (Provided in your OSAP account after your OSAP application has been processed OR in paper notice, if you requested paper communication on your OSAP profile)
- Bank account information: Institution Number, Transit Number and Account Number (Ask your bank for your direct deposit form or find the numbers on your cheque.)
Register for an online account with the National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC) and complete the online MSFAA to:
- Receive funds
- Track loan and grant status
- Receive important updates
- Update your contact and banking information
1. Submit your OSAP application
Submit your OSAP application to receive your MSFAA number. Your Required Documents page will display your 10-digit MSFAA number and the date you can expect a welcome email from the NSLSC. Begin the registration process only when you have received the welcome email (sent 2-3 days after OSAP application submission).
2. Continue Registration Process
3. Register your NSLSC account
Choose from one of two options to register your NSLSC account:
Option 1: (if you use one of the Sign-in Partners listed in the image below for online banking)
Temporarily leave the NSLSC website by clicking Continue to Sign-In Partner and enter the log-in you use during online banking.
Option 2: (if you do not use a Sign-in Partner listed for online banking)
Temporarily leave the NSLSC website by clicking Continue to GCKEY. If you have not previously made a GC Key, click Sign Up and register.
4. Return to the NSLSC website
Click Continue to return to the NSLSC website and input your:
- Personal and contact information
- Communication preferences
- Banking information
5. Submit and review
Read and accept the MSFAA terms and conditions.
You can review your MSFAA on your OSAP account. Go to your Applications page and under More information click on Consents and agreements.
If you have questions about the new MSFAA registration process, visit NSLSC - FAQs.