To apply for full-time OSAP aid, you must:
- register in full-time studies for the session (see also: calculating course load).
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have protected person status; international students are ineligible.
- have Ontario residency, that is, have lived in Ontario for at least 12 consecutive months without attending full-time postsecondary school.
- register in an OSAP-approved degree program. Most degree programs at York are OSAP approved.
- be neither in default on a previous OSAP student loan nor on OSAP restriction.
- maintain satisfactory academic progress while receiving OSAP aid.
- have demonstrated financial need as calculated by the government. Gross family income as well as student resources and assets are taken into consideration.